Thursday, November 6, 2014

Introduction

Hey friends and family!

Here's the story behind the Wings Like Eagles website title.  My favorite chapter of the Bible is Isaiah 40.  In my NIV version this chapter is entitled Comfort for God's People.  In particular, I find comfort in the final few verses:
Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God"?
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
 These verses have been my favorite ever since I heard them as a boy while listening to Your Story Hour.  Now you know!

For the next 7 months I'll be serving as a Student Missionary at Béré Adventist Hospital in Chad, Africa.
Clicking on the "Map" link at the top of the page will give you a nice Google map where you can explore the area.

The hospital administrator (Olen Netteburg) wants to start using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to improve the hospital's services, and so my task is to get everything working!  This involves first building a wireless network, then getting the EMR software working on several computers, and finally teaching the local staff how to use the new program.

The EMR is developed by a German physician named Dirk Wunderlich, and so I am currently staying at his home in Hamburg, Germany.  Most of my time is spent learning how his program works and getting it ready for Béré, but I've also had some time to explore Germany a bit.  Click on the "Photos" link at the top of the page to see what I'm up to.

Check back for more posts and pictures in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment