Sunday, November 16, 2014

Here We Go!

Today is a big day.  After spending a month in Germany, I'm now officially on my way to Africa.  It's been a long process since the time I applied to be an SM last spring, and today marks the end of a lot of preparation.  At the same time, today is the beginning of a whole new chapter, which is so exciting!  Who knows what God will do next?  

Right now I'm sitting in Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, France, waiting for my connection to N'djamena (the capital of Chad).  Once I arrive there, I'll spend the night at the Lutheran mission in the city.  Then tomorrow I'll get on a bus and travel the final 250 miles to Béré.

Trying to cram all of the computer gear into my bags was a bit of challenge, but thankfully everything fits!
I did have to leave behind some of the extra food I brought, but Dirk is coming to Chad in January and will bring it with him.

I'm currently in the midst of reading The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.  This is actually my second time through the book, because I loved it so much the first time.  It's completely changing my approach to prayer.  If you haven't read it I would highly recommend doing so.

Anyway, the last chapter I read was about how God takes our prayers and multiplies them to bless us those around us in even greater ways.  He has definitely done just that with all of your prayers, donations, and encouraging words.  I have to say thank you!  It will be fun to see how He continues to multiply those blessings in the future.

Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. SO excited for you Zach! Enjoy those first moments of traveling and entering into this new chapter! Thinking of ya.

    ReplyDelete