Friday, March 13, 2015

Road Trip

Hey! It's been a very long time since my last post. There are many things that have been happening that I'll talk about in some future posts. Right now, I'm at the beginning of a week-long trek around the country with my friends Zach and Adrian. Here's the itinerary:

Motorcycle from Béré to Kélo
Bus from Kélo to N'djamena
Bus from N'djamena to Am Timan
Some unknown method of transport from Am Timan to Tinga camp in Zakouma National Park
2 days of safari adventures in Zakouma
Travel back to N'djamena the same way we came
Spend 1 day in N'djamena with fast internet!
Bus from N'djamena to Béré
Travel from Béré to Moundou (not sure how yet)
Return to Béré after 1 full day in Moundou

This trip is going to be a much-needed break from my usual work at the hospital. I'm planning to post some pictures when I'm back in N'djamena. Right now I'm sitting on the bus on the way to Am Timan in the east. I'm going to Moundou at the end of this trip because they want to start using a computer system like we now have in Béré. So I'm going to do a site visit and create a parts list that Dr. Scott (Olen's uncle) can take to America in a few weeks. Then I'll go back in April and install the network when they have the equipment.

Stayed tuned for some pictures and stuff in a few days. And please pray for safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment